1. Don't leave wet soap out on the countertops overnight. Like my dear husband. That WILL leave a mark. But DO use warm soapy water to wipe down countertops. I usually just do this with a non-abrasive towel and then dry them off before I set anything on top of them again.
2. Wipe up as you cook. Call me OCD but I actually like cleaning as I cook. The kids usually go crazy after dinner so if I leave a mess behind before we sit down and eat its usually a few hours before I get around to cleaning. The less time wet or acidic things rest on your marble the less likely they will leave a mark. So clean as you go!
3. Decorate your heart out. This is a big one for me. So many people think that just because you have marble you can't put anything on your counters. This is so NOT true! My marble makes the perfect backdrop for all of my decorative pieces. And with the whiter background its easy to mix and match other colors as your accent colors. My color of the moment is blush, obviously:)
4. Make sure to seal your marble every 6 months. This might be the one that sets off your high maintenance alarm, but your marble should be resealed every 6 months. I like to compare it to a good carpet cleaning. I don't think twice about getting our carpets professionally cleaned every couple of months, so why not do the same with your marble? Do most people actually do this? Probably not. Will I? Ask me again in 6 months...
5. Take lots of pictures and enjoy this natural beauty! I am so glad we decided to go with marble over quartz. I was definitely nervous about marble's fussy reputation at first. Once we started living in our kitchen and it didn't betray me like everyone promised it would, I can honestly say I have no regrets. Plus we saved thousands of dollars using this marble instead of other man-made quartz options.
Further proof that marble is totally comparable with small children. Naked bootys and all!! I hope this follow up helped anyone who might be on the fence on whether they should go with marble! I swear I have been taking more pictures of my kitchen than my own children lately. Be sure to follow me on Instagram for more sneak peeks of my latest design projects. And hopefully a full before and after reveal... we are just a few projects away! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!